- Because they somehow fuse together woozy indie & vocals, a la Beach House, with glorious passages of raucous shoegaze.
- Because they were previously covered here a couple of months ago, so if you haven't checked them out yet what's going on, eh?
- Because they have an utterly compelling song with heart aching lyrics called I Hope You Die, which completely justifies its worrying title.
- Because last year's The Knot runs the gamut of swooning melodies and violent guitar breaks with skill and grace.
- Because it only takes the two of them, Jenn Wasner on vox/guitar and Andy Stack on drums, to summon this impeccable, beautiful noise.
- Because their live show is equally as engaging as the intimate experience of listening to their records on headphones. As may have been mentioned.
- Because if you don't look into them, there may have to be more of these posts and the justifications will only become more tenuous...
Hopefully that has convinced/beaten you into submission, so you can find the aforementioned and quite remarkable tune I Hope You Die on the new Merge Records sampler - via Amazon - here.
MP3: Wye Oak - Take It In (via Insound)
Taken from the 2009 album The Knot, out now
As always, let's hear your thoughts in the comments or on Facebook.