Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Mumford & Sons + Mopeds = ??

Well, a new video for The Cave somehow. Sharp Italian suits for the band, Indian blokes in toy soldier attire, and hairdryer-bike joyrides in a sunny land? Best focus on the music, I would say.


So, incongruous visuals aside, the song is another wonderfully jaunty cut of subtle acoustic-folk that builds to a fanfare climax, trumpets blazing and frenzied banjo apluckin'.

It's the new single released at the end of this month in the UK, from what should be an excellent album in Sigh No More. I use the qualifier because this gem has fallen into the nether regions of the UK/US release date mismatch and appears to still be awaiting a full outing on this side of the pond. I know not where this nether region lies, though I suspect it has something to do with Greenland.....never have trusted Greenland.

An acoustic version of White Blank Page can also be downloaded for free after sign up at the link below. I'll review the whole damn thing before too long, as Bob is my witness.....

MP3: Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page (e-mail sign up required)
Sigh No More is available now in the UK here

No comments: