Monday, 11 January 2010

Please, Release Me

To neatly bookend the Ten For '10 series, I thought I would recap the bands featured and throw in a few releases by established artists. Y'know, those that were already whetting the whistle in the latter parts of 2009 but which were obscured by the myriad lists required of the season?





So then, those bands to keep an eye on in full: 

Surfer Blood (Palm Beach, FL)

We Are Country Mice (Brooklyn, NY) 

And So I ...Watch You From Afar (Belfast, UK) 

The Minutes (Dublin, IE) 

4 or 5 Magicians (Brighton, UK)

Bagheera (Liverpool, UK)

Revocation (Boston, MA)

The Besnard Lakes (Montreal, Canada) 

Dinosaur Feathers (Brooklyn, NY) 

Dead Confederate (Athens, GA) 


And some exciting releases to keep your peepers peeled for in the coming months:


Spoon - Transference (Released Jan 19th)

Just in time, stream the whole shebang here, courtesy of NPR.
>> It's a new Spoon jam, what else need be said? Go take a listen. 


Buy it at Insound!



Surfer Blood - Astro Coast (Released Jan 19th)

>> See Ten For 10 feature.


Buy it at Insound!




Beach House - Teen Dream (Released Jan 26th)

MP3: Beach House - Lover Of Mine

>> Gloriously skittering dream pop, this isn't one I had anticipated too heavily until I heard 'Norway'. Now I'm hooked with the hazy musical land of this Maryland duo.


Buy it at Insound!


Retribution Gospel Choir - 2 (Released Jan 26th)

MP3: Retribution Gospel Choir - Hide It Away

>> Another I wasn't totally tuned into until the fine fellas at Knox Road gave a heads up in December. This track showcases a dynamic, sweeping take on rock that engages immediately.
 
Buy it at Insound!





Midlake - The Courage of Others (Released Feb 2nd)

MP3: Midlake - Acts of Man
>> I'll write and write and write s'more about how utterly enamoured I am with 'The Trials of Van Occupanther', so imagine my anticipation for their first release in four years. The initial tracks sound similarly whimsical and utterly absorbing....but I shall refrain from gushing until the full listen.
 
Buy it at Insound!


No comments: